Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Welcome


Hey Everyone, I would love to welcome you to Starr In The Skye Photography's FIRST blog, for those who know me well.. sometimes technology and I butt heads... So bare with me, I promise I will work it all out soon hehe. You will also find, I have a sometimes strange sense of humour... but that is me and I want you to get to know me more than just as the lady who takes photos... So here goes...

  My name is Elissa, I live in the southern suburbs of Adelaide and I am a mum to 3 girls, aged 1, 3 and 7. I love all children (especially when they are sleeping) and adore photography. Over the years I have always wanted to get into the photography business but life 'got in the way' (mostly because I had a 'normal' job with a regular income that I could count on). When I went on maternity leave with Amber I made the huge decision of staying at home with my children instead of returning to work.. I wanted to watch them grow and not miss a single thing. As I took hundreds ... ok perhaps THOUSANDS of photos of my kids, again I started thinking of hobby photography, people seemed to like the photos I took and so I thought WHY NOT! What do I have to lose?? Doing something I absolutely love in my spare time and still staying at home with the kids. Thus creating Starr In The Skye Photography.

I have now been Starr In The Skye Photography for almost a year, I have met many new people through my hobby, even made amazing new friends. I adore capturing moments that you will treasure forever and love hearing what people think of the photos I create and receiving feedback through my facebook page, Personal Messages and Email. I believe sharing is caring and by me sharing my passion with you, I feel a great sense of pride and happiness. (Nothing beats when you know you have NAILED that shot that is most wanted and having someone walk away overjoyed and almost RUSHING to get them printed)

My clients and likers ( or should I just say my new friends!!!!) have kept in contact over facebook and often contact me, for this reason over the last few days I have been contemplating setting up a 'newsletter' that will get sent out to all my lovely fans that would like to be kept up with all the latest news on me, my family and of course Starr In The Skye Photography, offers/specials, competitions and more.... Then someone suggested why not blog? That way you can see sneak peeks of new shoots, find out on the spot last minute offers, and follow my business and family as it grows (well as my family grows UP not OUT if you know what I mean LOL). It also allows for you to still comment or contact me easily or share the photos I have created with your friends who may have the internet but not facebook.

I am most happy when I make others happy, and with my passion, enthusiasm and commitment I hope I can constantly achieve and EXCEED your expectations. I love when I can have you and your friends RAVING about the memories I have captured.

If you would like to know anything, suggest anything, or generally have your say,
Please I urge you to comment, let me know what you are thinking..

Will add more information and photos soon :)

I will leave you with a recent photo I have been able to take of my girls... which I personally cant wait to get printed and hang on my wall as you enter my house...

Chat Soon
Elissa
0433 160 468

No comments:

Post a Comment